Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm avoiding homework that's due tomorrow morning. I know I'll feel better when it's done, but I just can't seem to focus! So here I am. I wrote an outline for this post, of things I wanted to talk about, and reading it back to myself two hours later, it sounds like code. "pwning the trilemma, fish on cars, u2 is the second most famous band?, infp friendships." What?

I remember what one of those things means: I have this friend who kind of gets road rage. Not like the deacon from Barrington who shot some guy with a bow and arrow, but in a I'm-going-to-tailgate-you-for-cutting-me-off kind of way. Which I empathize with. This is Rhode Island we're taking about! But, she has a fish on her car. I don't know, I'm not confident enough in my driving skills to run the risk of anyone associating my faith with them. I can hear it now, "Figures, that person to pull out in front of me is one of those Christians!" This is the same reason I took off my URI sticker; no need for the people of Wakefield to blame the institution for my spastic driving.

It's also a fact, you know, that the more car adornments a person has, the more likely that person is to be an aggressive motorist. These are the kinds of things I learn in college.

I just read a passage from "Beowulf" in my linguistics book [it was illustrating how language changes over time] and I am now laughing heartily at myself. When I was younger, a super over-achiever with no friends, I decided I was going to be all smart and homeschooler-y, so I read Beowulf in the original English. Um. This is hilarious to me, because the passage I just read in my linguistics book was even less intelligible than French is! So either I didn't actually read it and was only deluding myself as a hoity-toity homeschooler, or I've truly gotten dumber. Either way, I feel ridiculous.

Today was so unsubstantiatedly miserable, I can't bring myself to do anything but sit here and veg. And maybe watch videos of Lil Buck pop&locking to Yo-Yo Ma's cello playing. Legit, right?

2 comments:

Liz said...

I really understand... about the lack of focus thing.

*doesn't find a way to end this post because of said phrase*

I miss you, Hayley.

[^w00t for out of context/focus]

I think I'm going to do stuff now.

Rambling. I had better not post this.

;P

A&A said...

"I had better not post this" = literally the thought that goes 88% of the time. Solidarity, sister! ^-^

Yeah, I'm going to go do stuff, too. Good idea!

Ah, I miss you too, E-Joy.