Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

More Preliminary Marriage Thoughts

Six months, y'all. I don't know, it feels like a milestone. I remember when we were dating I was so anxious to be past the beginning and into the middle, and I wonder now, we might be at the phase where I want things to slow down so I can really savor them.

The coronavirus quarantine precautions gave us a nice little bubble. We've carved out our selfish little routines and there's a lot of comfort in this. I take care of him and he takes care of me and we just get better at it as we practice more.

I want to have some kind of insight on our marriage, or marriage in general, but it feels both too new and too comfortable to force any kind of compelling reflections. I am just really thankful for my husband, for his love, for how my life looks right now. 

I was worried that living in Stamford, away from my family, my church, my community, my job, would send me back into the struggles that plagued my three years of law school. But so far, it has not, and I think it is because I feel safe and secure with Peter. 

No comments: