Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Everything - Tim Hughes

God in my living
There in my breathing
God in my waking
God in my sleeping

The menial, the mundane, the every day, in this very moment as I sit, as I type, this is living and breathing and existing. The sleeping in abandoned consciousness, the waking with realization. 

God in my resting
There in my working
God in my thinking
God in my speaking

The mind that won't be still. The busy work and the hard work and the work that doesn't feel like work. The careless words and careful words, the times of resting and reviving.

God in my hoping
There in my dreaming
God in my watching
God in my waiting

The desires I have for the future, the aspirations, the bashful wish for a home and a life, the careful trust that I am waiting and watching for something incredible.

God in my laughing
There in my weeping
God in my hurting
God in my healing

The things that shouldn't amuse me, and the irrational anxiety, the puns, and the fear. The melting of my resolve and contentment, and the building of my joy and understanding. 

Christ in me the hope of glory
You are everything
Be my everything

Peter said, "Lord, to whom else will we go? It is You who has the words of life." There is nothing else, nothing more, nothing greater than the truth that God is everything we could ever want or need to fill our landscape. We are free, we are whole, we are renewed! In this is the Truth. Go, and walk in it.

No comments: