Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life Resolutions

Originally posted to Xanga on July 7, 2007

Ah-ha-ha, what was I thinking?!

I don't think. I really should think more. I hear it's good for oneself.

So I was going to bemoan about what a terrible person I am, and et cetera about how I'm an idiot, but I'm not feeling emo today, and I doubt dwelling on one's imperfections is the best step towards changing said imperfections. But for posterity's sake . . .

« I shall endeavor to work hard at whatever I do. This includes being prepared, being driven, having focus and initiative, and conquering my deadly sin of laziness.

« I shall endeavor to think past my vicious thought patterns. This means I will not think like a snob, I will lose this 'anti-conformist' mindset, I will be of a determined mind and not wishy-washy, and I will stop over-analyzing things.

« I shall endeavor to love others. This translates into serving others, being unpartial, attempting to be more friendly and nice, and me stopping getting hung up on myself.

Of course, this is not my 'To-Do' list for the month of August -- obviously I can only make these changes over time and through God's grace, but if they are ever in the forefront of my mind I will be able to keep a right perspective. Life is short and I'd really rather become more Christ-like than stay the jerk I am most of the time.

No comments: