Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mother's Day?

Originally posted to Xanga on May 12, 2007

304154342_94739b157e

I see the city lights all around me
Everyone's obscure
Ten million people each with their problems
Why should anyone care

And in Your eyes I can see
I am not just a man, vastly lost in this world
Lost in a sea of faces
Your body's the bread, Your blood is the wine
Because You traded Your life for mine
//Sea of Faces//Kutless//

Ugh . . . I eat way too much. In general. Too much sugar too. Seriously, I need to lay off the candy and bagels and ice cream and carbs. I feel nasty and gross and (hehe, teen moment coming) fat! WHEW! Twas good to get that out of my system. Christian homeschooled girls don't say stuff like that.

Hrm, yes, so I'm thinking about going emo -- and then when I'm not sad I can be scene. Yah, getting lost in Swansea with Sherie, Mrs. Converse, and Michael is the greatest. :] Preparing for Nationals is starting to stress me out. It's like, if you want to do your best, you have to work hard. There are no excuses. And as much as I try and rationalize with myself (sometimes rightly? I don't know.) I tell myself there are no excuses. I'm confusing myself!

Yep, I just tell myself I'm gonna grow out of this and to enjoy my loud music and grubby clothing as long as possible. *turns music up and wipes hands on formerly white tee-shirt*

So, I have a charming story to tell . . . *clears throat*

Dad got Mom a grill for Mother's Day. About two or three weeks ago. To make a long story short, he and Sarah went to great lengths to keep it a secret and Maggie wasn't in on it, but she suspected something and had to ruin it for everyone. Mom came home early and discovered Dad and Grandpa Joe assembling it, and guessed it was for her. And she was right, of course. She used her grill today (so much for it being a Mother's Day present, hehe) and all is good in this world.

The same day she discovered the grill, Sarah and I went with her to Garden City. She went off to J Jill, and Sarah and I skipped over to Gap. Which was stupid. There was nothing except a cute trench there, so we had the brilliant idea to bop over to Yankee Candle and buy her something there. And let me say, they're not cheap and I am stingy and frugal. We bought her some Home Sweet Home flavored tea-lights and (after Mom coming over to the Gap [where we weren't, hehe!] and wondering where we were, but not catching on) Sarah smuggled it around Garden City to various stores . . . only to have Mom find them in the car when she was cleaning!!!

Honestly, can we not keep a secret from this woman?! I should wrap those tealights, though. She comes in from the garage and was all, "What are these?" [they're tealights, Mom] and I was like, "I'll tell you later" and stashed them in my room. Oh well. I really don't know how to show her what a great mother she is, but then, is explain that ever easy?

iCards

:EDIT:

So much about human interaction is about perception. How do you perceive me? How do I perceive you? Based on those perception is how we treat one another.

So imagine the weight of the true that we all have value and that we all need to love one another . . . It's a beautiful thing when we throw perception out the window and instead treat another as human beings lovingly created by God with infinite worth. Therein lies our goal.

We should be thermastats, not thermometers. Thermometers ajust to their environment, whereas thermastats set the environment.

We could be sponges in water -- absorbing our culture. We could be rocks -- as far away from the culture as possible, or we could be rocks IN the water -- not changing or being affected by the water, but making changes in the water.

No comments: