Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Want some cheese with your whine?

Originally posted to Xanga on March 16, 2007

423407519_705b794284
What I wished my backyard looked like . . . seriously, don't raise my hopes with the warm weather only to have those hopes dashed with the coming of a nor'easter. Nice.


Thought of the Day

We are such ingrateful human beings. Yah, all of us. I'm dog sitting CJ, a dog that I will never come to terms with. Just a few minutes ago, after he had been sitting next to my chair and whining for seven minutes or so, I turned around and flipped out. "Whine, whine, whine! That's all you do! You want some cheese with your whine? What the heck is your problem?" Talking. To a dog. I know. But he seems to think the world (or at least this household) revolves around him and he whines incessantly. But now I think, are we any different? With human beings, is there any comparison?

My mom has become extremely convicted of her complaining spirit. And it's weird how I notice when she complains, or I complain, or when anyone else complains. It didn't used to bother me. Now it does.

So what does this boil down to? What's the rich subliminal message I've been trying to convey? I don't know about the 'rich' part, but check out how I started this post. I was complaining. Isn't that ironic? This is what has consumed my life and it's stupid. Complaining? What for? What does that accomplish? We as human beings do nothing but whine. We've been given so much, and look how much we take for granted. People put signs in their windows, "God Bless America." Well, duh! Check out the nation you live in - He has blessed America! But do we even notice? No, instead we complain about politics, we wail about the state of affairs. It's true that everything's not hunky-dorky, but geez, if I hear anymore complaining I'm going to freak. It's such a downer -- now that I've noticed the complaining, I get so depressed.

This month, March, is National Optimism Month. Cheesy, I realize, but an incentive. First, we can get the focus off of ourselves and count our blessings. Cliche, ya, but totally true. God is good, God is awesome!! He's the God who won't withhold anything good from us -- check out what He's done. I swear, it's infectious. And awesome. Next time you hear me complaining, feel free to slap me and I'll get the message. :winky:

::EDIT::

You must hear Becky = http://www.98fm.ie/Newsite/CREW/littlebecky.asp

No comments: